While you visit the Inotec website certain pieces of information regarding the use of our website will be monitored and collected by ”cookie” technologies or similar.
WHAT IS A ”COOKIE”?
An ”Internet Cookie” (term known as ”browser cookie” or ”HTTP cookie” or just ”cookie”) is a file of small sizes formed by letters and numbers, which will be stored on the computer, mobile terminal or other equipment of a user on which Internet is accessed.
The cookie is installed by the request issued by a web-server to a browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Chrome) and is fully ”passive” (does not contain software, viruses or spyware and cannot access the information from the hard drive of the user). A cookie is made of 2 parts: the name and content or the value of cookie. Moreover, the life of a cookie is limited; technically, only the web server which sent the cookie can access it again when a user returns to the website associated with that web server. The cookies themselves do not request personal data to be used and in most cases, do not personally identify the Internet users.
There are 2 large categories of cookies:
- Session cookies – they are temporarily stored in the cookie file of the web browser so that it can memorize them until the user gets off of the website or closes the browser window (e.g. when logging-in/off a webmail account or on social media).
- Persistent cookies – they are stored on the hard drive of a computer or equipment (and generally it depends on the lifecycle pre-established for cookie). The persistent cookies include those placed by another website than the website visited by the user at that time – known as ”third party cookies” (cookies placed by third parties) – which can be used anonymously to memorize the interests of a user, so that relevant advertising should be delivered to the users.
WHAT ARE THE ADVANTAGES OF COOKIES?
A cookie contains information which makes the connection between a web browser (user) and a web server (website). If a browser accesses that web server again, it can read the information stored and react accordingly. Cookies assure the users a pleasant surfing experience and support the efforts of many websites to offer comfortable services to the users: e.g. preferences in the matter of online confidentiality, options of website language, shopping baskets or relevant advertising.
WHAT IS THE LIFECYCLE OF A COOKIE?
Cookies are administered by web servers. The lifecycle of a cookie may vary significantly, depending on the purpose for which it is placed. Some cookies are used exclusively for one session (session cookies) and are not retained when the user has left the website while other cookies are retained and reused every time when the user comes back on that website (”permanent cookies”). However, cookies can be deleted by a user any time by browser settings.
HOW ARE COOKIES USED BY THIS WEBSITE?
This section has the role to inform you about the information we collect:
- Understanding how our websites are used at the level of totality of visitors (not at individual level) to improve the use experience;
- To provide you with consistent and relevant information;
- To offer you the necessary services for the use in good conditions of our website.
- You will obtain the best use experience and you will benefit from additional functions such as: surveys, buttons for social media etc.
- You will help us improve the website – it is important that we understand how our websites are used, to be able to perfect them. These cookies do not collect personal information about you, but they collect data about:
- The most popular pages – so that we can make them more accessible;
- Which pages are not used – so that we can remove the useless content;
- What information is looked for – so that we facilitate access to the information requested by users;
- Where errors appear – so that we can fix them;
- Where we need to focus our development efforts to be updated with the trends of using browsers (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome) and the equipment used (tablets, desktops, mobile phones);
HOW CAN YOU STOP COOKIES?
The deactivation and refusal to receive cookies can make certain websites impracticable or difficult to visit and use. Also, the refusal to accept cookies does not mean that you will not receive/see advertising online.
It is possible for you to set up in the browser that these cookies are not accepted or you can set up the browser to accept cookies from a certain website. But, for instance, if you are not registered as using cookies, you cannot leave comments.
All the modern browsers offer the opportunity to change the settings of cookies. These settings are usually found in ”options” or in the ”preferences” menu of your browser.